October 1, 2013, 1:00pm PST
Click here to register now.
|Submission at a Glance|
|All Materials Sent to AIASF|
1. Design Board File (submitted digitally as a PDF document)
Entries will be judged based on one presentation board, focusing on project design and general description All components (image and text) of your board must also be submitted as individual files in case of use online or in publications. Image files must be submitted as JPEGs and text documents must be Microsoft Word files.
The Design Presentation Board should adhere to the following format:
- The Design Presentation Board must be exactly 24” high x 36” wide (example below)
- Boards must be saved as PDF documents
- Boards must adhere to the layout and size guidelines.
- The drawing dimensions may vary slightly, but the each board component must adhere to the layout provided.
- All components of your boards must be submitted as JPEG files if they are images, or Microsoft Word files if they are text.
Do not include information about the design team on the Design Presentation Board. Indication of the design team will result in disqualification.
2. Energy Performance Documentation (PDF File): The Documentation must include all required sections of Task 2 of the Technical Requirements. The PDF document should measure 8.5″ x 11″.
Do not include information about the design team on the Energy Performance Documentation. Indication of the design team will result in disqualification.
3. Design Team Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel Document): Download the worksheet to include the names and contact information for your project design team. Design Team Form
4. Student ID (if applicable): Full-time student entrants must provide a copy of their student ID. Recent graduates must have been enrolled full-time no earlier than the 2012 calendar year and must provide official documentation of their full-time student status in either 2012 or 2013 (diploma, student ID showing date, etc.).
Submission Packet: Ensure that your submission packet contains items 1-4 (#4 only if applicable) and zip all contents into ONE compressed/zipped folder to upload to AIASF. Instructions on how to upload your submission are found in your registration confirmation email.
(by August 1)
Architects, Engineers, & Designers
|$85 Entry||$115 Board printing|
|Architects, Engineers, & Designers||$100 Entry||$115 Board printing|
|Architectural & Engineering Students or recent graduates||$30 Entry||No Fee|
Entry and printing fees are nonrefundable. Boards will be printed at ARC on 100% recycled material at a discounted price only available to Architecture at Zero entrants. All boards are to be submitted digitally to AIA San Francisco.
- All submissions are final
- There is no limit to the number of entries that an individual or firm may submit; however, each must be submitted separately with separate payments.
- In addition to professional firms, entries from individuals or teams are allowed and encouraged. We recommend that entrants who are employed by another company review and comply with their employer’s policies in this area prior to submitting an entry. Any public announcements or references will be to the individual or design team and not to any individual’s professional affiliation.
HOW TO ENTER:
We recommend registering well in advance of the entry deadline.
Instructions for submitting your submission materials to AIA San Francisco will be included in the “Event Details” section of your order confirmation email. Save this email for reference when submitting your files.